Nestled in the wooded countryside of Auburn, Maine, Androscoggin Home Care & Hospice's Hospice House opened in November 2005. Located at 236 Stetson Road, our Hospice House provides hospice patients and their families intensive palliative interventions and support, beyond what can be effectively provided in their home or long-term care facility. Our skilled team of medical professionals and specialty trained hospice staff is committed to working with each individual and family to develop a plan of care that reflects patient and family wishes and provides the highest quality of comfort care.
The Hospice House was thoughtfully designed to be sensitive to the needs of our patients and their families. Our patient suites and common areas are intended to look and feel like home while round the clock staffing the peace of mind that nursing and aide services are always available, allowing family members to be relieved of the role of caregiver and focus solely on gathering together to support their loved one.
For our patients:
- Each private patient suite is designed to feel like home, complete with bedroom, full sized sleeping accommodations for family/friends, handicap accessible bathroom, television and DVD players, telephones and nurse call systems.
- Patient meals are individually prepared to a patient's liking.
- Therapies and Relaxation Options include Comfort Touch™, Reiki, pet and music therapies as well as therapeutic whirlpool baths and beauty treatments in the patient Spa ant Treatment room are available.
For Family and Friends:
- Family Area with Patient Suite includes a full size sleeping accommodation and family sitting area with small refrigerator
- Supervised use of a fully-equipped kitchen for small meal preparation
- Complimentary coffee and light snacks in our cozy dining room with TV siting area
- The Family Sitting Room and Sun Porch offer spaces for relaxation and quiet socialization
- Wireless internet access
- Children's playroom with toys and games for our younger visitors
- Nature Walking Trail for patients' family and friends
- The Sanctuary is available to patients and family as a space for quiet prayer and meditation
- Specially trained Hospice Volunteers are available to enable family and friends the chance to get out by lending a hand offering bedside companionship
For more information about the Hospice House or to inquire if your loved one may qualify for admittance, please contact our Intake Department at (207) 777-7740 or 1-800-482-7412.
To make a donation to the Hospice House, or in memory of a loved one, please contact the Development Office at (207) 795-9404 or 1-800-482-7412 ext. 1404 or donate online via our donation page.